Most of us simply adore dogs. They are not just watchers but they also bring companionship. However, a dog, just like a human being, must be tended. They have needs just like us, they need to be groomed. In fact, even though they are basically equipped to naturally take care of themselves, as the owner, you should show your dog that it is being taken care of.
Here are some dog grooming tips that might come in handy:
- When combing it, check for ticks at the same time to make sure you prevent it at early signs.
- Note that you don’t really need to brush the fur on a daily basis. In fact, if the coats are shorter, you can just do it on a weekly basis.
- The bathing time should also depend on its activities as well as the weather. You can either do this every one to three weeks.
- You should only use dog shampoos as their skin is not similar to humans’. Our shampoo might irritate them.
- Lukewarm water is a must because of their furs. Too cold might be too much for them and too hot might burn their furs.
- When bathing them, be sure not to directly spray water to their eyes. You can use a dipper instead to ensure that this will not happen. Also, be sure to rinse well as shampoo residues can irritate their skin.
- Lastly, do not forget to clean their ears. If you notice a foul smell, you should have your dog checked by a veterinarian.
Dogs are quite beneficial to humans. They can be your friend and guard at the same time. However, they also have feelings and basic needs. Thus, you have to show them that you care and provide its basic needs. If you don’t have the time, you can always hire dog grooming Redcliffe. For sure they will be too eager to assist you with your pet’s needs.